It’s that time of year again…everywhere you look, you see pumpkin spice! In drinks, bread, even in cereal! So I thought it was time for me to whip up something quick and easy that tasted like one of my favorite holiday desserts…pumpkin pie. To do this, I teamed up with The Vegetarian Baker for a Thanksgiving dessert feast! Since I am all about quick and easy, I wanted to make something that was raw with only a few ingredients. After a few rounds of taste testing, these Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bites were complete. They are raw, vegan, gluten-free with only 8 ingredients.
To keep these bites raw without adding actual pumpkin, I used raw cashews and dates. When mixing them together, you are left with a soft and chewy, dough like texture. Next, I added some pumpkin spice (which is simply a fancy way of saying cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves). Now that we have our filling, it’s time to make the crust. All you need to do is chop the pecans in a small food processor and they them flat on a plate. Lastly, roll the bites in the pecans to create the crust for the bites. Once I tried these vegan pumpkin pie bites, it felt like I biting into a piece of pumpkin pie. They are that good!
Depending on how spicy you like these, you can always adjust the amount of pumpkin pie spice to your preference. I prefer to chill them in the refrigerator a little bit before serving.
Jac from The Vegetarian Baker made a delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake with a snickerdoodle crust. His recipe is vegan and so easy to make. You can’t go wrong when you mix together pumpkin and a cheesecake.
Check out his pumpkin cheesecake recipe here. Be sure to also check out all his other recipes as well, you’ll be happy you did!
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Pitted Medjool Dates
- 2 TBSP Coconut Nectar
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 4 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice (Mixture of Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger and Cloves)
- ¼ TSP Salt
- 1 cup Pecans
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until they are tiny pieces.
- Add the dates to the processor and pulse the dates into the cashews until you have a soft and chewy consistency.
- Add the coconut nectar, vanilla extract, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice and process and the ingredients together. This will be the pumpkin pie filling for your bites.
- In a separate small food processor, pulse the pecans into small pieces and lay them on a flat plate. This will be the crust for your bites.
- Take the filling and create a small ball in your hand.
- Roll the filling over the pecans so the ball is evenly coated.
- Chill in the refrigerator and enjoy.