Who doesn’t like dessert, right? But we not only want it to taste good, we want it to be healthy. Well move over Betty Crocker (or at least just let me in the room…haha). These raw vegan brownie bites are easy to make with only a few ingredients. The combination of the dates with the cacao create a very rich, sweet and natural chocolate flavor without any added sugar. You can literally make them in a few minutes and impress your friends when you tell them they are vegan and raw. They make a great healthy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth when you are on the go and that craving hits. This has become my current go to dessert, and I think it will be yours too! So let’s make some brownie bites!!
First you want to take a cup of cashews and mix them in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Then add your dates and process again until you have a soft and sticky consistency. Next, all the remaining ingredients (leave 1/4 cup of the almonds for the end) and process together until it becomes a giant ball of chocolate brownie goodness. Note that you can substitute any kind of nuts you want. We used almonds for this recipe, but I have used walnuts or pistachios and they taste just as delicious.
With your hands, create the brownie bites into the size you want. Take the remaining 1/4 of nuts and chop them so you can roll the brownie bites in them and you’re ready to eat! Now that you have made your brownie bites for dessert, be careful you don’t eat them before the main course. Although, they have been known to become a meal all on their own!
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of raw almonds (you can easily substitute walnuts or pistachios in place of almonds)
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse into small pieces.
- Add in dates, coconut nectar, coconut oil, cacao powder, lucuma, vanilla extract, and salt and process until well mixed.
- Add ¾ cup of the nut of your choice and pulse into mixture until pieces are chopped up.
- Roll mixture into individual ‘bites,’ about 1 ½ inches in diameter.
- Use the remaining ¼ cup of nuts, chopped, and roll the brownie bites on the chopped nuts to add nuts to the outside.