Are you ready for a delicious, low-fat, low calorie burger that tastes great and is easy to make? Then you came to right place. This grilled portobello burger only uses a few ingredients and will make even the most die hard meat eater think twice the next time they fire up the grill.
All you have to do is whisk together the ingredients, wipe down the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean them and then marinate them for about an hour. After that, you simply fire up the grill to about 350F and grill them for about 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the mushroom.
You can top these with anything you like. I used kale, tomatoes, onions and avocado (I put avocado on almost anything, so no surprise I throw some on this burger!). After you assemble the burger, there is nothing left to do except take a bite then sit make and relax and you savor every bite.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP coconut nectar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp safflower oil
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl to and whisk them together to make your marinade.
- Wipe each mushroom with a damp paper towel to clean it.
- Place the mushrooms and marinade together in a plastic bag and let the mushroom marinate for at least one hour.
- Wipe the grill down with some safflower oil to prevent the mushrooms from sticking.
- Fire up the grill to about 350F and cook them for about 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the mushroom.
- You can also toast your buns if desired and add your favorite toppings.