We all crave a good sandwich, but sometimes you need to break away from the traditional ingredients and think outside of the box….and when you do that, this is what happens! An insane combination of sweet, crunchy and smooth that will make you forget all about those other sandwiches you used to eat. Simple to make with only five ingredients, you will be ordering this up in your kitchen in no time. I like to pair this sandwich my baked sweet potato fries, or even some fresh fruit, such as grapes.
Simply use a Panini Press to toast the bread. I used sourdough for this recipe, but you could easily substitute French bread if you prefer. Slice 6 pieces from an apple and top them with some caramelized walnuts. To caramelize the walnuts, just throw some in a pan with a liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or coconut nectar, and mix together until they start to brown and become sticky….and you’re done! The other piece of toast has your spread of choice. I used a homemade cashew cheese, but you could easily substitute some Dijon mustard or Vegenaise, and top with a sliced avocado. That’s it!!
Carefully slam these two delicious pieces of bread together to complete your sandwich. I recommend placing the avocado slice on top of the walnuts to avoid any walnuts from falling off and missing your mouth!
- 1 Piece of either French or Sourdough bread.
- Approx. 6 slices of a Granny Smith apple.
- Handful of caramelized walnuts
- 1-2 TBSP of any spread you like, for this recipe, I used a simple cashew cheese.
- Approx. 8 slices of avocado.
- Slice the bread into two pieces and place them in a Panini press until toasted.
- Take one of the slices, and crate a layer of apples and top them with the caramelized walnuts.
- Take the other slice and spread the cashew cheese and top it with your avocado slices.
- Slam the two pieces together and dig in!